Despite the season for Guisborough Town FC ending in May, there have still been plenty of happenings off the field. The manager, Chris Hardy has already commenced a training regime with the squad, who have remained with the Priorymen, and also a few new signings, who will be assessed during the pre season training activities and friendlies which will be confirmed in the next issue. On June 3rd the Guisborough Town Supporters’ Group hosted a presentation evening where the following awards were given. David Onions scoring 36 goals including the very rare feat of scoring a hat trick in three consecutive matches, just had to win the “Top Goal Scorer” award and he then shared the “Supporters’ Player of the Year” with Shane Henry. Shane managed to get his own hat trick of awards by winning the “Manager’s Player of the Year” and the “Players’ Player of the Year.” Last but not least, the “Outstanding Achievement” award went to Paul Roddam for managing to play 96 consecutive matches without a minute being missed. Look out for his 100th in August and also Guisborough Town’s 1000th League game. Longstanding supporter Mark Cowan did not just watch the games last season. He put pen to paper and painted an entertaining look at the different characters and clubs that Guisborough Town hosted and travelled to, in their bid to gain promotion. When he started writing the book Mark could not have foreseen such a season that ended up with promotion but also winning the North Riding Senior Cup, happy endings for sure. Mark’s book is called “Far From The Massive Crowds” and details can be obtained from http://www.farfromthemassivecrowds.blogspot.com/. The club is also running a competition, with the main prize, the sponsorship of the away kit, second prize, an advertising board and advertisement in the programme and third prize a pair of season tickets worth £90 each. Tom Blenkinsop MP will be drawing the winning tickets on 27th July. All purchasers of the £25 tickets will be mentioned in every home programme throughout the season. See http://nonleaguezone.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=84532 for full details.
- Stress Busting – InnerShell Therapy
- Men United March comes to Marske
- Marske United to receive £52,000 of Legacy funding
- Margrove Park Village Hall Presents our monthly grocery prize bingo
- New activity sessions in Skelton Can you help?
- Marske Utd FA Cup : The Seasiders need your support on their best ever run
- Winkies Castle Folk Museum: Re-open for the school’s half term holiday
- Marske Hall to celebrate historic Dambusters run
- The Big Draw: Explore and Draw in Gisborough Priory Woodland Gardens
- Groups to benefit from new Community Fund