The Mike Findley MND Fund signs MND charter
The Mike Findley MND Fund has signed the Motor Neurone Disease (MND) Associations Charter in recognition of the rights and priorities of people living with MND and their carers.
MND kills five people every day, with half of people dying within 14 months of diagnosis. This terminal disease can affect any adult at any age. There is no known cure.
Unfortunately, this condition is still little understood and this contributes to many people with MND not receiving the care and support they need. The MND charter has been launched with the aim to change this.
The five-point charter sets out what good care, Looks like for people with MND and their carers and is designed to raise awareness and understanding of this devastating disease.
The five points are:-
1. People with MND would have the right to an early diagnosis and information.
2. People with MND have the right to access quality care and treatments.
3. People with MND would have the right to be treated as individuals and with dignity and respect.
4. People with MND have the right to maximise their quality of life.
5. Carers of people with MND have the right to be valued, respected, listen to and well supported.
Mike Findley MBE said we are delighted to sign up to the MND charter. We believe everyone with this devastating disease should be supported to maximise their quality-of-life and die with dignity.
I’d like to ask people to give their support by signing the MND Charter in Redcar High Street (near the main clock) between 10 and 12 on Yorkshire Day, Wednesday 1 August, 2012. Please come along and give your support.