Salary: £16,000 – 18,000 depending on experience
Job Title: Caseworker
Working for: Ian Swales MP (Redcar)
Job Details: For more information on IPSA payscales go tohttp://www.w4mp.org/html/library/salaries/general.asp.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and hard working person to work as a Caseworker in the Redcar office for Ian Swales MP. You will be working with a small team of dedicated people and will contribute to both Constituency and Westminster casework.
This is a permanent full time post for 40 hrs a week, Monday to Friday 9-5pm. Some flexibility for evenings and weekends will be required with time off in lieu.
Your responsibilities will be:
• Drafting responses to constituent’s enquiries on both local and national issues
• Attending meetings and advice surgeries with the MP on a regular basis
• Dealing with daily enquiries to the office by telephone, email, in person and post
• Liaising with other Government bodies, external agencies and the local council on a number of matters
• Keeping accurate records in line with the data protection guidelines
• Undertaking general administrative tasks
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• An ability to work independently and with initiative
• A willingness to learn
• Attention to detail
• Good IT skills
The successful candidate must be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Liberal Democrats.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
Closing Date: 6TH August at 1pm. Interviews to be held on Monday 12th August.
How to apply: Please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability for this role to Ian Swales MP, Room 103, The Innovation Centre, Vienna Court, Kirkleatham Business Park, Redcar, TS10 5SH or send by email to email@example.com
For more information please call Louise Hutchinson or Becky Selmer on 01642 777940